- The TRIME technology ensures safe measurements even under difficult conditions, e.g. if the bulk material contains conductive elements with up to 12dS/m pore water conductivity. The radar-based evaluation of the conductance (RbC – Radar based Conductance) enables to establish the mineral content in the measured material and consequently ensures an improved quality control.
- The sensor head and the electronics dispose of a modular construction. In case of a mechanical break down of the sensor head, the same can be exchanged easily. The existing SONO electronics remain unaffected.
- Highest Reliability in comparison to Microwave probes, SONO probes provide accurate measurement values even when aggregates are exposed to steam in winter and where the sand and the gravel feature differing grain sizes.
- In case of abrasion, a recalibration is hardly necessary.
- The intelligent pre-processing of the measurement values featuring smooth mean value accumulation, adjustable filters, and up to 15 calibration curves for the calibration which is already conducted in the sensor itself. Usually, external evaluation devices are not required.
- Two variably adjustable analogue outputs 0(4)...20mA allow the easy connection to any currently existing control system.
- A RS485 interface enables network operation of the sensor. It already contains a data bus protocol for the connection of several SONO sensors. The connection of the sensor to industrial buses such as Profibus, Ethernet, etc. is possible via optional external modules (available uponrequest).